Fitness With Friends is the ultimate combination of fitness and fun!
At Feed Your Friends, we believe that fitness should be fun and accessible to people of all abilities. So we sought to create the most comprehensive outdoor fitness experience for people with special needs. These include sessions for teens with autism, developmental differences, and other special needs - all are now available in Northern & Southern California!
Facilitated by our Co-Founder, Nicole Vieira, who is excited to share her passion for fitness with people of all abilities inviting them to make physical activity a regular part of their lifestyle and live healthier, happier, and more balanced lives as a result.
This program brings together supportive and encouraging facilitators, volunteers (both typical peers and adults), and a small group dynamic ideal for reaching fitness goals and building friendships. Activities include hiking, beach volleyball, swimming, yoga, and many more.
Group fitness can deliver many life-improving benefits for people with special needs, including:
- Improved confidence
- Sense of accomplishment
- Improved general motor functions
- Social connection: Sense of belonging to a team or group can help teens with special needs feel more connected to others.
- Improved mental ability and organized thoughts
- Increased attention span
- Improved tolerance to sensory triggers and challenges
- Lowered stress and stressful reactions to handling transitions
Please email email@example.com for schedule and availability in your area. We look forward to hearing from you.